Sunday, May 12, 2013

Seasons in life. Trust.

At Jules & Clayton's wedding
It's almost a month after I wrote the last post. We have sold the house (almost). We have bought another house (almost). And a lot has happened in between.

I won't go into all the technical details of what we've been up to in the past month. Let it suffice to say that it has been very, very stressful and this selling/buying journey has taken many unexpected and mostly unpleasant turns. I still know deep down that God's hand is in all of this but if I would have known how drawn out and stressful this process will be, I am not sure that I would have signed up for it.

One of the lovely things that has come out of it is that I really feel that Neil and I have grown closer while going through this. He's a rock in this family when I fall apart and holding on to him is very reassuring.

I've also felt God speak to me many time. Peace. Calm. Reassurance. Love. A resounding "trust in me". "Just trust in me".

I heard someone say that often times God is not so concerned about what it is we are going through (He knew it was coming and has made provisions already), He is interested in our response and growth through these situations.

I've been through seasons in life. When Neil and I met, I was going through the "Hope" season. This is the "Trust" season. I am learning to trust. It's a beautiful journey because I know that there is a safetynet under me - God's provisions.

A lovely family day on ANZAC day

Daniel "helping" mommy pack up the house :)

No comments: