Friday, May 09, 2008

One year

They say it takes about a year to get used to a new place. I still remember the first morning we woke up in Brisbane Australia. It was around noon, we had arrived late at night, after travelling for something like 30 hours. I remember that first night. It was no Marriot, I can tell you that. I woke up in the middle of the night from the strange noises and I remember this weird feeling of uncertainty about this new place and the future. But waking up to the bright sunshine next day made it all much better. We got up and went to explore the city. The first stop was the bank where we opened our account and chatted with the girl. Then we went in the city and I remember thinking that I am liking this place already. Well, that was mixed in with a lot of tiredness and jetlag.

In just a few weeks we will be celebrating our first year in Australia! FIRST YEAR IN AUSTRALIA!!!! I look at this last year and … I don’t think I have enough words to describe how good things are.

I remember before I met Neil I was feeling in a slump in my life and career and place where I lived. In just a year so much changed. For good. For best. So, I suppose what I am trying to say is that you just never know what is around that next corner. There is so much blessings in life to receive. So just open your arms wide, dream big and look up.

6 comments:

Felicia said...

It's truly been a year?? WOW... I cannot believe it myself. God is good and your life is such a great example for that. I am SO proud of you!:)

V said...

I'm very happy for you both! You're living your dream, and being thankful for it. Inspiring!

V said...

I'm very happy for you both! You're living your dream, and being thankful for it. Inspiring!

V said...

I'm very happy for you both! You're living your dream, and being thankful for it. Inspiring!

V said...

I'm very happy for you both! You're living your dream, and being thankful for it. Inspiring!

V said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.