Thursday, September 17, 2009

Marathon runner

Lately I've been reading a lot of David Wilkerson and TD Jakes blogs. The one thing that I love, besides them both being such solid men in God, is the encouragement I get through their words. I experience God through reading what they have to say about life. And while going through this process of figuring out what is healing and how to get it and dealing with it in the mean time, I feel like God is standing on the sidelines and cheering me on in this marathon through these people.

Also, I've been learning to be still. It's one of the hardest things to do. My mind bounces like a tennis ball and being still seems the very opposite of what is natural and what I want to do. But through that I've heard some faint whispers from the Holy Spirit that are so comforting and loving.

I've also been confronted with my fears. A long time ago my friend sent me a little note about fear and how it's not from God and that's where that journey started. I am learning to leave my fears behind because they make me dark and tense and unable to see things the way they are. I am learning to let them go and walk in Christ. I am taking baby steps but even the little victories seem huge because I know I am not alone in this.

I have someone standing on the sidelines and cheering me on.

No comments: