Friday, March 12, 2010

Cancer


Today I've heard of the second person who I know quite well diagnosed with cancer in its last stages in the last month. It is devastating. One of the people is my work colleague. Because it came so unexpectedly, it's been such a shock. Watching him deal with it and try to be brave is inspiring and heart-breaking.

A mom of 4 adopted kids who I babysat while in the US has also been diagnosed. She is in the last stages but chooses not to be told the diagnosis because she has so much to live for.

Coincidentally, Neil, through his work, has shaved his head today in the "Be brave and shave" campaign to raise money for the Leukaemia Foundation. The whole building site shut down and they raised $42,000! Even though he looks funny, I am so proud of him!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Pictures please! :)