Sunday, March 13, 2011

Two unrelated things

1. On weekends my husband gets up and makes hazelnut coffee in the plunger and brings it to me while I am still in bed. One of the things I love about him is how neat and tidy he is, which also translates into making a simple cup of coffee - he has his own technique of exactly how much coffee and hot water, how long it needs to sit and in what way it has to be stirred. Don't forget to add just the right amount of milk.

I think it is one of the sweetest, kindest things that makes me feel so loved. I hope I tell him enough how much I love and appreciate him.


2. I've been following Sarah Hepola blog for years. If you are looking for something good to read, find her early blog entries about traveling around Ecuador around 2001 and a roadtrip around USA to start with and then just read the whole thing... Now she lives in NYC (one of my favouritest places in the world) and writes for very cool online media.

I feel like her friend when I read her stories, her writing is light, engaging and so approachable. Yesterday I read some of her entries and in a spur of a moment sent her an email saying "Sarah, you are such an amazing writer!". I woke up this morning with an email back from her saying that my email came at just the right time - she was sitting down to write something and felt so inadequate.

This little interaction made me smile.

No comments: