Friday, March 30, 2012

Life has changed. For the better.

Time is flying by so quickly. My little boy is not so little anymore and I am feeling like I am finding the balance that I'd put aside in the last few months of pregnancy and the first few months after Daniel was born.

Life has changed. I am enjoying it so very much. Now that I am able to stay home with him and not be in the middle of the twirling tornado that my life had become with insane time and commitment expectations from work, I am realising how burned out I was. I was tired and needed this break. As much as I loved work and felt that it fulfilled me on many levels, it had drained and emptied me. Being home with my little darling boy is helping me recharge my batteries and slow down again. It is such a welcome feeling.

Yesterday I went for a walk with other moms and we met friends for coffee afterwards and I realised how much I loved not having to worry about time because I have to get back to work, not be exhausted because I've been working mad hours or not be late because something has been running late at work. The only worry I had was making sure that a little belly is full and the diaper isn't wet.

The thought of having to go back to work in 8 months and especially, the thought of having to put him the daycare, depresses me. I honestly don't know how women in the US do it after 6 weeks. We are so blessed in Australia to be able to stay home for at least a year.

I would need a miracle from God to be able to stay home with him after the year. I want to be with my baby. I want to love him and take care of him. Nothing seems more important right now. Now if I could just plant a money tree in our back yard...


No comments: