My little sweet potato is 8 months! We just walked through the halls of Wesley Hospital with a massive smile when we were bringing our baby boy home. It was just yesterday, no?
At this moment in time, these are the things that make me smile:
- He still smiles when he wakes up (most of the time), in the afternoons he can be a bit cranky but generally he has this angelic smile when he wakes up. It is worth sitting next to him and waiting for him to wake up to witness it.
- Sometimes he tries to respond when I have a chat with him. He makes this deep exhale combined with a sound. It's so sweet and I can't wait for him to actually start talking (it seems unreal at this point...)
- He has started stretching hands towards me or Neil when we want to pick him up.
- When Neil gets home from work, Daniel sees him and lets out a squeal of pure delight that his daddy is home.
- He loves bath. I love his chunky leggies and armsies and belly.
- He loves it when he's falling asleep and I give him kisses his lower cheek. He closes his eyes and smiles. I smile too.
- Standing is the newest thing and I think he'll bypass the whole crawling business. All of a sudden he has started standing and making steps. Still wobbly but it won't be long until he learns to hold his balance on two feet.