Monday, October 01, 2012

September 2012

I have had a wonderful month! Our sixth wedding anniversary, my birthday (week), great times with friends, lovely phone calls with the family, a day on Tangalooma island with Neil and Daniel - it has been an amazing month! I have felt loved and cherished - it's been so precious!


I have also felt so loved by my friends/family here. The girls put on a beautiful brunch - yummy food, lovely gifts, heartfelt words - it was amazing!






My baby boy is growing up - he is almost 10 months. I love our little family. Watching Neil love and care for Daniel warms my heart. We have a common purpose, our love has something fresh to work towards. And he is such a good daddy (I sometimes get jealous that Daniel wants Neil instead of me... :)
I remember watching parents before I became one and it used to baffle me that adults are happy to go to children's parks or listen to hours of children's songs and be content because their child is content and happy. I used to think "but what about your wants?". Now, when I am a mommy, it all makes sense - there is nothing that makes me happier than Daniel smiling and enjoying something. For now, all I want is to make this little boy happy and to show him the world. If it means "Twinkle twinkle little star? 20 times in a row, I am happy to do it. That little cheeky grin is all I want to see, it makes me so happy!


Neil won a State award for a building he built. I was so proud of him and it was so precious to get it after all the time/work/energy/stress he's been through in the last year. Way to go, darling!

Also, we had a visitor! Not the kind you get coffee and cakes ready. The kind that you scream at the top of your lungs when you see. Yes! A huge python. I HATE snakes, so this was a nasty surprise. But anyway, it's been removed and dealt with and hopefully one will never return. 



No comments: