Friday, December 10, 2004

the simple things

i usually notice the "when it rains it pours" times in my life. somehow, the good days, the days that bring peace deep inside me, are overlooked.

i woke up and knew it was going to be a good day. nothing worth celebrating happened. just a few phone calls from close friends, ending with "love ya", a little native american girl looking up at me and smiling and waving as she and her mom walked by, a beautiful drive in the prairies, a sunset that covered the sky all around me. kind strangers who treated me with more respect and love than i remember receiving in a long time. a cup of hot coffee. good music in the car. the simple things.

these times of peace and contentment inside are so valuable, i wish i knew how to capture them and keep them there forever.

No comments: