Monday, July 04, 2005

jokes aside - you, yes YOU are absolutely perfect and beautiful

as cocky as i sound at times, i am a very insecure person.

recently, while looking at some old pictures, i realized how much time i have and still spend worrying and complaining about how i look, when it is such a waste - i looked awesome at the time i was crying about the pants i thought made me look fat.

i am not saying this to be cocky, i am saying this because so often i feel like there are so many beautiful people in the world but i have love handles that have made their home permanent on my body. i worry too much what people think of me, often i catch myself in judging people by their looks.

i was reading the "purpose drive life" by rick warren a while ago and chapter two just floored me. for the first time in my life i saw myself in a completely different light. granted, my faith in god plays a major role, but please, especially you beautiful girls who don't always feel so beautiful, sacrfice a minute today to skim over this instead of cosmos "20 tips that will make you irresistable".


YOU ARE NOT AN ACCIDENT

"Your birth was not a mistake or mishap, and your life is no fluke of nature. Your parents may not have planned you, but God did. He was not at all surprised by your birth. In fact, he expected it. Long before you were perceived by your parents, you were conceived in the mind of God. He thought of you first. It is not fate, or chance, nor luck, not coincidence that you are breathing at this very moment. You are alive because God wanted to create you!
...
God prescribed every single detail of your body. He deliberately chose your race, the color of your skin, your hair, and every other feature. He custom-made your body just the way he wanted it. He also determined the natureal talents you would possess and the uniqueness of your personality. The Bible says, "You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something (Ps 139:15)".

"Purpose Driven Life" Rick Warren

when i read this, i feel like a lid has been taken off me - the pressure cooker. in some odd way, it takes the pressure to have a perfect body off and makes me feel loved and special in a much more valuable way.

No comments: