Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I heard from a preacher once that when we go through hard times in life, we shouldn’t ask God to stop them but to reveal to us what it is He is trying to teach us. It has stuck with me, because when I look back at my life, I realize that out of the bads, lots of goods have happened.

I do think that the last 3 weeks have been the most stressful weeks in my last…5 years. I was pushed and pulled in every direction while trying to squeeze in more and not forget to do ‘this’ and 10 ‘that’ things. When I was half done moving and things were going good, a big tree branch feel on my car and put a big dent in it. The day before I had put a “For Sale” sign in the window. That’s when I broke too.

While running around and getting the property owners to admit truth and getting estimates and fighting 102 degree heat and drinking lots of caffeine, I kept thinking how Rochelles car broke down right before she went to California and if that would not have happened, she would not have met Adam. Her whole life would be so different. That kept me from sitting on a curb and bitterly crying. I got trough it, I went to bed early and slept a lot. I feel repaired today.

In the end, my deductible will be paid by their insurance. Things are 100% better today. Somehow, blindly, I do believe that everything happens for a purpose. For right now I am not trying to figure out why, maybe someday it will make sense.

No comments: