Thursday, April 12, 2007

Lasagna inspired by Italy

Actually, it's inspired by my co-worker who gave me the recipe on the way home from work. It turned out b e a u t i f u l!!! Try it if you're in the mood for some Italian.

For starters pop open a bottle of wine and enjoy it while cooking (my addition).



Then, cut up and fry in olive oil the following:
3 mushrooms
1 carrot
1 onion
you can add some garlic but not necessary

Add ground beef (about half a kilo)
1 can of chopped tomatoes
3/4 can of tomato sauce
instead of salt I added soy sauce
1 cube of beef stalk (bouillon)

For the cheese sauce:
1 oz butter (I was told that the trick is NOT to use margarine)
1 oz flour
3/4 pint milk
add in grated cheese slowly
Slowly mix everything together on slow fire until it all melts together

Put in the pan the meat first, then pre-cooked lasagna, cheese sauce - continue until the pan is full. I also added bread crumbs and grated cheese on top.

I put it in 180C for 45 minutes (we have a fan oven so it might vary if yours is different). Until it was bubbling and crusty golden brown and looked delicious.

When it's all done and ready and you are bubbling yourself from polishing about half a bottle of wine by now, enjoy this low calorie, nutritious meal. (yeah right!)

1 comment:

yellowgirl said...

WOW. Did I stumble upon the wrong blog? Has our Aggie become a homemaker? This looks awesome, and given that I'm not a huge fan of lasagna in the first place, this might be a yummier, easier way to make it.