Thursday, August 16, 2007

coookies and violins

We’ve been waiting for the paperwork. Most weeks on Mondays we get a call telling us it should come by this Friday. Friday comes along and it’s off to the next week. I’ve been talking to a girl about design work but as of yet, nothing is for certain. To be honest, I don’t know what will come of it, after hearing what kind of work she does, I realized that I am not at her level and I don’t know if it will work out.

I will be honest, the waiting around, without knowing when this will come through, can get really boring. And then little worries about finances and other things start creeping in. I was so excited about this job opportunity at first - this would be my dream job, after all - when I realized that it might not work out, I have to admit that I wanted a violin and a cookie and someone to feel sorry for me.

But then something changed. When I look back at my life, it is without fail that if I am focused on God and things don’t happen the way I would want them to happen, it is not the right time yet. Because time goes by and something better comes along that I would not have been able to do if I would have done it at the time I wanted to.

So I refuse to mope around with the paperwork situation. I refuse to feel low about the job situation. I put my complete trust in God and the fact that it will all come – in the right time.

1 comment:

melissa said...

That is so true. When the time is right, God will provide the right job, the right path, for you. I know that at times it can be hard waiting though, so that's really good that you can look back and recognize that there have been other times in your life when one thing didn't work out because there was something else that was just perfect for you.