Friday, September 28, 2007

29

Well, folks, I can say that I am one more year older today. We have good news and bad news - it is one more left until I am 30. And let's be honest, when you say "I am 30", it means you are all grown up and according to a lot of kids, no more fun. The good news is that I am one more year closer to a senior discount at movie theatres and other places. Ok, maybe that's a few more years to go...

I don't have any big wisdom to share with everyone here. We just had a cup of coffee and I opened a few cards and presies from sweet friends and family. My husband has promised me to serve me hand and foot today and rest of my life. Yeah, ok, we all know I am making this up. But he does make a fantastic coffee in the morning.

Besides the bacon chocolate that got confiscated from my birthday package by Australian customs, and some lovely little bits and pieces, and some money that I have bought a book with and saving the rest for some special things, and some gift certificates I got, the best news and present is that WE HAVE SUBMITTED OUR VISA APPLICATION -- finally!!!!!

Today we were going to hang out in the city but now we might have stay home and make sure everything has gone through with the app. Regardless, today I am going to do everything I want to do and very little of what I don't like to do :) :) (like doing dishes)

6 comments:

yellowgirl said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esther said...

Happy birthday to you!!!

Anonymous said...

I am still convinced the people who confiscated the Vosges chocolate bar (the intriguing milk chocolate with bits of bacon) were just curious to try it themselves... I am mad, but I cannot blame them for having an acquired taste for chocolat... Aiii... Happy Birthday girl!! I am just a few months behind you, will catch the 29-ride soon! CONGRATS for filing the visa application! That is indeed THE best gift you could have had!

Karen said...

Happy birthday!! And congratulations on the Visa application. Twenty-nine's right around the corner for me, so I expect you to forge the way!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Lindsey J said...

Happy birthday!

I didn't realize our birthdays are so close together (mine was the 24th)