Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hoping and praying

The other day I got a call from a designer. A girl from the church who is really truly an outstanding artist. She said that she needs help. Soon. Would I like to come in for a chat? I said “Nooo, I would rather not. I don't like that design and stuff”. OK, I am just kidding. Of course I was over the moon. So we met and talked and she said that I could start … tomorrow. Not as a company employee, more like a trainee since I have never done it full time for an actual pay check but that she would train me. Or at least help me with it all.

Wow. Is this for real?

Yes. It is.

I need to learn some new programs that I have never used before. And I have been such a diligent student. Along with opening 34 emails this morning regarding a project I am working on and designing a 2 page spread ad for a magazine for another company…

The day today started at 5 am, work started at 6 am, lunch break was at 3 pm and by 5 pm I was really ready to end the day. And I am more than ok with it.

I really really really want to do well. If, by God’s grace, she believes in me and doesn’t give up on me because I might not know the programs as well as I need to, if she gives me a chance, I really think this might be the big break I need to get in the industry and to actually earn living with it. Her company has so much potential, she is such a lovely girl and I would love to be a part of it all. If I do well, she will hire me full time eventually and then I would say that a dream has come true.

On the other hand, for the first time I can say that if I try this and I realize that I am not at the level I need to be and it doesn’t work out, I will be OK with it as well. Because I will know that I have given it my all and I have tried. That I have done what I have always wanted to do and I have given it what I can give. The rest is up to God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness!!! How awesome!! This is a dream come true! Many answered prayers!!! Congratulations!!! I am so, so happy for you!!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Must say you inspire me...

yellowgirl said...

wow. Proof that God makes things work ALL in HIS timing. I'm SO excited for you.

Anonymous said...

where you at, girl? :-)