Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Challenge

Currently I am on a train on my way to work, with wireless internet and a brand new MacBook Pro on my lap. This job treats me well. The wireless internet is not really complements of job, it's my thoughtful Neil, who had a great idea to get it so I can be checking my email on the way to and from work. This makes the commute so much easier and faster and I am actually kind of looking forward to it. Except for the people who sit behind me and probably can read what I am writing here but ... I am not revealing any national secrets...

Yesterday was a difficult day. One of the things I am looking forward to improving on is my writing. I might be able to blabber away here and make some sense but when it comes to writing sponsorship letters, proposals and press releases I am looking forward to getting a better grasp on it. I really want to do this job well and I want the people I work with feel like I am contributing. Instead, after I got home yesterday I felt like a second grader who just got a bad report back.

Other than that I love this job. It gives me just enough creative outlet, enough challenge, enough stuff to keep me occupied and it is a perfect blend for me. I am almost there, so I will end it here.

1 comment:

Lindsey J said...

D would recommend the book "On Writing Well"

I haven't read it but I do think that writing more here (and other places) will help you develop your writing skills.