Sunday, June 03, 2012

Find the positive in the negative

A mark for every breath you took
every blink, every sleepy yawn
One for every time you sucked your thumb
waved hello, closed your eyes,
and slept in the most perfect darkness.
One for every time you had the hiccups.
One for every dream you dreamt within me.
...It isn't very pretty anymore.
Some may even think it's ugly.
That's ok.
It was your home
It held you until my arms could and for that,
I will always find something beautiful in it.

I LOVE this pin written by Cassie Fox that I found on Pinterest. While I didn't get any stretch marks while carrying my baby, there are a lot of other things that have changed in my body. The skin that I took pride in has dark patches and burst blood vessels that I am told might stay there permanently. I am noticing a lot of grey hairs and the thing that annoys me the most is the amounts of hair that keeps falling out after pregnancy. At the end of the day, it is all ok with me because I have been given a beautiful gift that was worth every dark patch and grey hair. My baby boy is absolutely beautiful and I would not change anything about the way things are.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Good for you on the stretch marks. I didn't have any until literally the last two weeks and then I had a ton. Not fair! But that and a lovely dark line down the middle of my stomach (and the extra 10 pounds I cannot shake) are the only lasting effects, so I guess I can't complain too much.