Monday, March 03, 2014

Our little girl has arrived


Sofie was born on Jan 3 and consequently I have not had time to write anything here. Suffice to say that my heart is overflowing with gentleness, love, thankfulness and most of the time with warm fuzzes in my tummy. She is so sweet and dreamy! A great baby who sleeps well, eats well, and smiles a lot as of the last 2 weeks.

Neil's mom and dad just left two days ago and have been an immense help during these first few months. Now that they've left, I am figuring out life with two babies. So far they are both alive. Good start. Today I am not even going to make an effort to get dressed. Who said that one can't spend the whole day in Pjs?

Daniel is chatting away and comes up with the funniest things. The other day he said "mommy spends her money on coffees". Out of the mouth of babes... Now that nana and papa is gone, I have decided to do some serious toilet training as I believe he's fully ready for it. We're doing ok for the beginning. He's also learning to fall asleep on his own. FINALLY! After 2 years and 2 months he's actually falling asleep in his cot by himself (still calls me or Neil about 20 times before he zonks out) but it's a start. When I look back at all the stressing I did about him not sleeping I want to tell myself then "don't worry, it will all work out". Wish I could travel in time.

I know that things are settling down because I am starting to browse pinterest for home decore ideas. That completely stopped and I pretty much didn't open computer lid from December until now - March. There is a time for everything.




1 comment:

kristaliukas@yahoo.com said...

Keep your blog updated- it is the only way for me to get updates on your life! :) seriously, Momma, congratulations on expansion of your beautiful family!!! Your babies are adorable! Hugs and kisses.