Sunday, September 16, 2007

A break from our break

For once you get a post that does not have a really weird heading, how exciting is that?!

We are off to Caloundra, to the Golden Beach Resort. Since we have had too much time off from work, we decided to take a little vacation from the time off and go relax by the beach.

OK, I am totally full of it, I hope you know it.

Graham and Judi have been very grateful for all the help we've given them with the move and setting up of this place, so they wanted to treat us (and themselves). Since our anniversary is just around the corner and my birthday is peeking out, we are treating this as a very combined anniversary/birthday/getaway/vacation/relaxation/[insert something very clever here] time.

So get your cup cup of coffee ready for Monday when the pictures are up.

I am really welcoming this getaway. There have been so many things that we have had to deal with in these last few weeks that a little change of scenery is going to be good for my soul. I really feel like that verse where Paul says in 2 Corinthians "7this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair". I know he talked about very different circumstances but it certainly feels that way. There have been many different things that have gone in ways we (I) didn't expect. There were days I was dragging my feet to just get through the day. We are blessed to have so many loving people around us who are willing to help when we are far away and can't do much.

I can't wait to sit by the beach and listen to the waves crashing. If we are lucky, we might see even some wild dolphins. I am looking forward to the different shades of blues in the water and the sand island which is a canoeing distance from the resort. I am hoping these next two days are going to be like a chamomile tea to sore throat. I promise to take pictures of it all.

No comments: