Friday, February 08, 2013

Making the most of working part time

As a kid, I used to LOVE going to the beach with my grandma. My parents used to work but I remember the excitement when grandma and I would get on the train and go to the beach. I remember clearly waiting for the train at the station on a warm, sunny, clear day.





































The other weekend Neil, Daniel, my friend and I went to the beach and to our pleasant surprise Daniel LOVED it there. Neil took him for a walk and they saw dogs (he is absolutely fascinated by dogs), they played in sand and looked at the waves. Wow - what a hit that trip was! Our little Ozzie was at home on the beach!
 So the following week (when I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays free) we hopped in the car early in the morning before the sun heats up and headed to Bribie island for a little excursion. Once again, he loved the sand, the ocean, he loved exploring and picking up sticks and seashells, he was lost while playing with his toys in the sand. He just thoroughly enjoyed himself.
 How much enjoyment I get as a parent, seeing my baby boy enjoy himself! I get to explore the world through his eyes and the little things become absolutely fascinating!
We are definitely hitting the "replay" button on this one. We both had so much fun! 
 It was such a lovely bonding trip for the both of us! Can't wait for this week when we do it again!


No comments: